Saturday, December 15, 2012

Week 19: December 14, 2012

We are 19 weeks! Do you know what that means? We are super duper close to the half-way mark! I cannot believe we have come this far (proud Baby, Jason and myself!) and I am so excited for all the adventures to come. In fact, the fun is just about to begin! Or shall I say it has JUST begun....

Tuesday night as I was waiting for Jason to come home from a basketball game, I was snuggled on the couch with the two Yorkies watching my soap opera. All of a sudden I was reminded I wasn't alone! For the FIRST time EVER I felt a teeny tiny poke from my teeny tiny tenant!!! I felt several pokes in fact, and even a few little rubs. My little Baby Flesock finally said hello! Makes me want to dance and cheer and poke back!! I hope little Baby isn't shy and says hello more often! :) I couldn't have ever imagined such a special poke!

News Flash: We get to see Baby Flesock again next week! Our ultrasound is scheduled for Monday and the plan is to have the gender sealed in an envelope. Jason and I will coordinate with our wedding photographer Pierre (now baby photographer), and we will patiently wait four more days for our special gender reveal on Friday!!! Week 20 is going to be AWESOME!

Total weight gain: 2 lbs and counting I'm sure! Next weigh-in is Wednesday.
Maternity clothes: I have a couple long sleeve maternity tops. One I've borrowed from my Amiga and a couple I found at The Baby Exchange (pregnant woman's dream store). Although I am still comfortable in most my jeans, I have had to say 'hasta luego' to one pair this week. I wore them to work Wednesday and Baby made it clear they are not a fan of that pair anymore! See ya next fall!
Stretch marks? None yet. I've been using Mama Mio and during my first trimester the smell made me so extremely nauseous and even sick...finally stopped making me gag but I still hold my breath when I rub rub rub. Please do the trick! 
Sleep:  I have been sleeping really well. I have some funky dreams and even scary ones now and then but for the most part I am sleeping just fine...thank goodness!
Best moment this week: Feeling Baby Flesock FINALLY say HELLO was definitely the highlight of my pregnancy so far!
Miss Anything? I miss Pepsi and Dr. Pepper from time to time. I also would love to scarf down a turkey sandwich from TOGOs. Yummo!
Movement: Pokey-pokey, rub-rub! "Hi" to you too Baby! :) I can't wait to feel more!
Food cravings: CHOCOLATE! I'm pretty sure I would eat a Christmas ornament at this point-so long as it was dipped in chocolate. I love chocolate chips and cookies and may have even eaten SEVEN chocolate chip cookies (of course) on Sunday. Maybe, maybe not.
Anything making you queasy or sick: I am still not a fan of the 'c' word. I'll eat butter but with a suspicious eye. Won't go near a sweet potato and I'm seriously wondering how I ever ate them pre-teeny tiny tenant.
Gender:  I don't have the slightest clue! Well, that's not entirely true...The other night when I felt Baby Flesock for the first time I was watching my soap opera and when it happened, I quickly pushed pause on the TV then closed my eyes to concentrate. Once I paused the TV though the Baby stopped. I returned to my show and once again, Baby moved. It just so happened that each time Baby moved- Detective John McBain was on the screen! Funny thing is Jason can't stand  McBain and has made fun of the character since the first time he saw him on TV. I tell Jason to hush because McBain's been in my life longer than he has! ;) Once I told Jason-he was certain Baby Flesock is a girl! We shall see soon enough!

Labor Signs: No way jose.
Symptoms: Hiccups and stuffiness. My nose isn't stuffy but my innards feel stuffy. Jason read my uterus is the size of a cantaloupe this week...and I believe it!
Belly Button in or out? In. Belly button ring still in.
Wedding rings on or off? On. No swelling anywhere.

Happy or Moody most of the time: Well...how about happy with a few moments here and there. :/ Bless Jason's heart.
Looking forward to: Monday and Friday!!!! I was talking to Baby the other day and talked about all the things we get to do next week and I teared up when I thought of possibly seeing their little nose or toes and fingers. I am SO EXCITED! And of course, we will find out if Baby Flesock is a boy or a girl on Friday!!!

Advice this week: "If you want to get things done, separate your kids. One kid runs errand with dad and the other one stays with mom. Kids are much more helpful when they are alone. When they are together, they like to argue about who is doing what." Good advice...I will try to remember that. :)



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello my sweet Brandy! Welcome to week 20! There is SO much to look forward to! I'm
So happy for you and congrats on almost hitting the half way mark! That's HUGE! Yay, baby is finally playing with you! I love u mucho, keep up your hard work at growing precious baby Flesock!!❤❤❤