Whoa belly! {Please excuse the wardrobe...celebrating week 21 calls for pajamas!} Look at my little baby boy grow. Baby Flesock has had a very exciting week and has been exploring every nook in his womb. Jason was able to feel our little one this week which was so exciting for both of us! Although I LOVE my little tenant saying "hi," I felt a little guilty the joy was all mine. Now I can share with Dad. :)
Since Baby Flesock has been on the move this week I thought I would give the flashlight a try. I read that by week 21 the baby's eyes are developed enough that even with their lids still closed they can recognize light and may respond. Tonight I called Jason over and hiked up my shirt to play with Baby Flesock. I shined the flashlight on my belly to the right...s l o w l y moved to the left...then fast back to the right. I felt a little movement. Repeat. On the second flash back to the right my whole stomach jumped!! It was awesome! Jason and I were so stoked to see our little one responded! This guy is already so much fun!
Total weight gain: 5 lbs. Dr. Santa said I will gain about a pound a week from here on out. (Better watch my cookie intake!)
Maternity clothes: I am now thinking baby #2 will be a fall baby so I can wear shorts and tank tops in my next pregnancy. It's a tough job finding clothes to fit my bump and keep me warm. I'm always cold and can't seem to warm up. I joked with a girlfriend this week and said I'm going to start wearing Snuggies every day of the week! ;)
Stretch marks?
None yet. Mama Mio doing her thing.
Best moment this week: When I woke up Christmas morning I saw a note Jason had left for me. The special note wished me a Merry Christmas and described how happy he was, how blessed we are and anticipated all the memories to come. Reading his words brought happy tears to my eyes and once again I was reminded of what a lucky duck I am! Movement: All the time! Baby is very active at night and moves each morning. He has even started moving throughout the day which feels really bizarre when I'm walking! :)
Food cravings: I think the Cookie Monster better step over because I'm coming through! All I want to eat all day long is chocolate chip cookies. Breakfast-why not. Lunch-delicious. After work snack-absolutely. Dinner-is there really anything else to eat? Vegetables-schmegetables! Ok...Ok...it's only as bad as it sounds--inside my head. I really want them all the time but to be completely honest I haven't had a single cookie today! (Don't ask about yesterday)
Anything making you queasy or sick: Same ole same ole. Please no 'c' word and no sweet potatoes.
Gender: Boy! Boy! Baby Flesock is a little boy! :)
Labor Signs: Nope. Nope.
Symptoms:
Hiccups, stuffy, emotional...pregnant!
Belly Button in or out? In. Belly button ring still in. Dr. Santa told me to switch to plastic.
Wedding rings on or off? On. No swelling anywhere.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Although I was told today by a coworker that I've been very "chipper" lately, I would also say I've been super emotional. I missed my family a great deal on Christmas Day and those who have passed.
Looking forward to: Planning the nursery. I had a ton of ideas for a baby girl nursery and nada for a little bundle of boy! Let the research begin!
Advice this week: My friend Dre has written an adorable book to help her children remember the true reason for the season. The focus is on Jesus and she integrates His selflessness and love into the popular traditions of Santa Claus and presents. It's a clever story of Christmas and I look forward to reading the book to our little bambino next year!

No comments:
Post a Comment