Friday, April 12, 2013
Week 36: April 12, 2013
Week 36!!! This is officially the home stretch and I am feeling a whirlwind of emotions! I am excited and nervous and scared! Sometimes when I think of the weeks passing, I feel this is all happening so fast! But when I look back on the journey I can't believe it's taken so long! Very mixed emotions.
Nesting is definitely in full swing. I've been cleaning and organizing and frantically trying to make Baby Flesock's room a perfect little place for dreams! Big dreams, small dreams, sleepy dreams, playful dreams...you name it! There just doesn't seem to be enough hours in the day and the list of things to do seems to only grow. I worry as I've convinced myself Baby will be here before I'm ready but even I have to laugh at that because are parents ever ready? :) Definitely not first time parents, that's for sure! By the way, how can one teeny tiny person who doesn't even wear clothes yet have so much laundry? :)
Total weight gain: -1 pound this week! Not sure how that happened! I was actually so surprised at the doctor's office that I asked to weigh myself a second time before I left. I just couldn't believe after all the junk I ate during Easter that I lost a pound rather than gaining two! I am by no means complaining! Simply in shock! :) Perhaps I should go back to my chocolate habits! hehe Total gain +19.
Maternity clothes: Oh yes, all the time! I went shopping this week at Motherhood Maternity and even exchanged some tops that didn't fit (online orders...hit or miss!) for a really cute nursing nighty with a robe. It's washed and ready to be packed in my hospital bag!
Stretch marks? I am so so sad...I am getting a mark on my belly button. That's about all I have to say because I don't really want to talk about it. :(
Best moment this week: This week was full of great moments. I don't know if I can pick just one! First of all, I got to spend the weekend with my best friend! Jason and I went to Coarsgold for the final Douglas wedding! It was a beautiful day and of course we absolutely adore every moment we spend with our Gallaghers! It was also so great to see so many of our dear friends we have met through Bryan and Danielle. Another highlight of my week was when I called my mom to chat and she told me she had just signed up for Grandparent's Class at the hospital! How stinking cute is that?! Sharp Mary Birch offers several classes and one of them just so happens to be just for grandparents! My mom said they cover all kinds of topics including how to work and install car seats. I just thought it was the sweetest, cutest thing that she signed up for the class and she is so excited! She also got her TDap vaccination...LOVE HER! :) PS...Have you been vaccinated yet?! Another highlight of this week was hearing from my Dad and starting plans for his trip to California to meet Baby Flesock!!! I am so flippin' excited. This has been an absolutely wonderful week. I'm so blessed with such amazing friends and the best family.
Food cravings: Grapes were finally on sale! Yes!!! I would love nothing more than to walk into Claim Jumper and devour the Motherload Cake. Is that appropriate? I want chocolate! Easter really set me back. I was making so much progress. Baby Flesock's Grandma and Grandpa Sullivan are really good at feeding my weakness! :) Stay strong! Four weeks left! Yowza....Four weeks?!!!
Anything making you queasy or sick: Yes. Thought about sweet potato fries again the other day and my tummy winced. I smelled a cheeseburger tonight and about ran for the door. I also took a bite of Jason's dinner which had gouda cheese melted on meat and apparently yo no me gusta gouda.
Gender: BOY!
Labor Signs: Professional Braxton Hicks-er right here! :)
Symptoms: I actually experienced Edema! Coincidentally, I had just commented on my swelling piggies on our drive to the Douglas Casa when I received an email noting Week 36 brings on Edema! It was like clockwork! I read that sitting and standing for long periods of time would cause the swelling. I suppose a six hour car ride will do the trick! I put my piggies up and gave them a rest and they are back to normal. I have also been experiencing some sharp pains in my cervix. Baby Flesock is head down and this puts pressure on my cervix and pinches some nerves in the area causing some extreme discomfort at times. Dr. Santa described the pain as "electric currents" and I would have to agree with that. Yikes! Baby Flesock has also had the hiccups! I love the hiccups. In fact, he had them not long before I went to the doctor's office. I was at work with my gal pal Jenny and I told her I could feel the hiccups in my butt! Since Baby Flesock's head is so low that's where it's happening! haha so funny! I told Dr. Santa about it. I also told Dr. Santa Jenny asked what they feel like and I said, "Feels like hiccups in my butt!" Dr. Santa laughed {just like a jolly fellow ;) } and laughed! He said he hadn't heard that one and would have to remember it! ;) No filter when you're pregnant. P.S...first Ped recommendation was Doc Martinez! Done deal! :)
Belly Button in or out? Out! This little button is out.
Wedding rings on or off? No edema in my hands, thank goodness!
Happy or Moody most of the time: Hmmm...I would say happy! This has been a fantastic week! :)
Looking forward to: Next week is week 37. Do you know what that means?! Baby Flesock will officially be considered "FULL TERM!" I can't believe it!!! This is it. The home stretch. Bitter-sweet as this amazing journey is about to close a chapter and so exciting as it is about to open another. Next Wednesday, Dr. Santa is going to perform an exam and see how things are looking inside. I'm excited to hear the status of our progression...or lack there of. ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hey there pretty Momma! You are ALL BABY BELLY!! And I absolutely love it! You are so stinkin' cute!! I am beyond happy for you and Jason and will continue to check your blog! ;) <3 Erin
Thank you, Erin! :) This bump is definitely large and in charge! Love you to pieces and miss you tons!
-Brandy
Post a Comment