Monday, April 22, 2013

Week 37: April 19, 2013

Someone please pinch me! This can't be real! :) We are 37 weeks and Baby Flesock...my little peanut, raspberry, plum, peach...my little baby boy...is FULL TERM! I have been fascinated by my pregnancy and the little miracle that is growing inside my belly. This sweet life is a reflection of the love two people have for each other and I can hardly believe it all belongs to me! When I take a moment to think about my life and this process, I am overwhelmed with emotion and joy. This is my life. My precious life. How did I get so lucky? My emotions are high this week as we make this final stretch. I am so excited to meet little Baby Flesock and I can't wait to bring my little family home. 


This mama is all dolled up for a date with her handsome husband on our 37th week. Jason and I enjoyed the evening at the annual Preuss Gala...a black tie event. It was such a pleasure to watch Jason interact with his students and donors throughout the night. Jason is an incredible teacher and he inspires me to be a great teacher like him! I am so excited to see all the ways Jason will inspire Moose! The sky is the limit for this little boy! :)
 

Can we talk about the worst moment 45 MINUTES of the week? View exhibit A:


This is just wrong! Why are there SO MANY OPTIONS!? Is this necessary? This picture doesn't even include every size! There are two more GIANT diaper-ish options past the giant orange diaper-ish option! I was completely 100% overwhelmed in this isle. I literally stood staring at the packages for AT LEAST 45 minutes. I called my mom, I texted my mama girlfriends and was hopeless. I couldn't decide. I ended up buying three different kinds. I am seriously considering writing Always and asking them WHY IN THE WORLD do they not have a simple package labeled: Post Maternity? How easy would that be? Too easy! Women from all over would thank me! They'd applaud me! Ok, maybe not...but a simple sign that says, "Pst, pregnant lady...buy ME!" would be much appreciated!


Total weight gain: Drum roll please...+20! Whoa! Scary! Every pound I gain, I have to lose! Luckily, I think I'm pretty good at losing things. I lose my car keys, purse, sweaters, earrings, scissors and socks (just one from the pair, of course!) all the time! This should be a cinch! hehe yikes!
Maternity clothes: Rock 'em! :) I am getting a little tired of my rotation. My collection isn't too large and the repetitiveness is a little boring. Dresses are my favorite. I do have to admit though...I'm saving a lot of heartache because there are some mighty cute summer items at the mall with my name written all over them and it's just too bad I don't fit. No fit=no shopping spree. No shopping spree=happy husband diapers for baby! ;)

Stretch marks? I'm trying to drink a lot of water to reduce the appearance or spread of the one that has found its home on my belly button and I am using a lot of lotion. Fingers crossed it doesn't get worse or invite friends. :(
Best moment this week: I gave in. I can't even call it a moment of weakness because I knew exactly what I was up to. I had full control and I rebelled! The good news is the bag of M&Ms are no longer in my house! {Cheers!!!} The bad news? They are in my belly! {Shame!!!} They were d-e-l-i-c-i-o-u-s. And I feel terrible. Other highlights....we have the car seat installed in the fam-mobile and Jason has packed my hospital bag! :) Things are getting REAL!
Food cravings: Chocolate, of course! This craving has come back with a vengeance! Confession: I was craving sweets and ice cream so badly Sunday that I almost cried. Telling myself "no" is so hard. I'm a pretty convincing girl but I have to be strong. Can't believe the promises to exercise. They are all lies. Don't listen. And I wonder why my belly button popped out! haha There's a GIANT M&M crammed in there! :)
Anything making you queasy or sick: I smelled the 'c' word at work a few times this week and it still makes my stomach turn. Bleh. Jason better pray harder! I also wasn't a fan of the poshy food served at the Gala. Jason ordered the vegetarian dish for me without needing to ask if I preferred the rack of lamb. If my meat isn't well done, it isn't happening. So instead, I attempted a mushroom with rainbow couscous and a "stack of vegetables" smeared with fancy sauce. No thanks. The dinner roll was fantastic and the imaginary carne asada fries I ate were delicious! ;)
Gender: Big Boy! ...Full Term now :)
Labor Signs: Baby is head down and I'm feeling the pressure! Yowza. Not dilated yet. I had my first cervical exam Thursday. Unfortunately I didn't get to see Dr. Santa because he was sick Wednesday. My appointment was rescheduled with Dr. Tanzia. It was nice to meet another potential doctor to deliver Moose though! :)
Symptoms: Pain in the-you know what! Baby boy is head down (good boy!) and he is pressing on a nerve real good (oh boy!). Those sharp pains are enough to knock the wind out of a mama! Dang! I was also super emotional Friday and Sunday. Especially Sunday. Jason is so patient with me and it's sweet he blames the hormones. I feel ridiculous as I realize I'm crying because I'm crying BECAUSE I'm being ridiculous. Yea, think about that one a minute...whole truth.
 
Belly Button in or out? Out. Sometimes more than others. But always out.
Wedding rings on or off? On.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Sooooooo emotional.
Looking forward to: I have to admit...I have always been a little disturbed by the idea of breastfeeding. I'm still a little unsure about it BUT after the Breastfeeding class Jason and I took Tuesday, I'm a little excited! We've learned all the benefits, tips and tricks of breastfeeding. The hospital is staffed with a great number of lactation nurses who are ready to help and I am feeling far less intimidated. I'm actually interested to try the super sucky pumpy machine (good luck girls!). I am most looking forward to the bonding opportunity with my little guy though. The thought of being able to provide such rich, healthy goodness made custom just for him is pretty cool! :) Almost like a super power!

No comments: