Monday, April 29, 2013

Week 38: April 26, 2013


This bump is 38 weeks! :) Little Baby Flesock and this big bump of mine have been sooooo sleepy! We haven't been getting as much sleep as we need and that has been making for some super duper heavy eye-lids at work! In fact, we played hookie twice this week just to stay home and catch up on some zzz's. Although the days off were very much appreciated, I am not sure they did the trick! Does a mom every truly have a day off? I was still busy cleaning, organizing, doing laundry and grocery shopping. I would have rather been plopped on the couch watching nonsense on the tv!

We missed my first prediction for Moose's due date. I originally had a feeling he would be born in April...in fact on Grandma Lin's Birthday...April 21st. I had a dream about the baby and the 21st so the date stuck with me. But it looks like April is about to come and go and Baby Flesock is sticking with May as planned. I am now going to overshoot the mark and go with the 14th. I like the 14th because my birthday is on the 14th (along with Auntie Katelyn and Uncle Matt!). May 14th also works well for Auntie Katelyn because she really wants the baby to be born during the week so mom and dad take her out of school! ;)


Things I miss: It wasn't until the second trimester that I realized I LOVE to sleep on my back! As you know, this has been a challenge for me for quite sometime and although I have finally gotten a hold of it (thanks to Amiga's giant body pillow!) I stinking miss sleeping on my back like crazy! Once my little kangaroo leaves this sack...this mama is going to snooze on her back! I can't wait! :) I also really really miss TOGOs sandwiches. I would absolutely love to devour the biggest (non-toasted-Lysteria-infested) sandwich our shop has to offer! ;) And when I'm finished napping on my back and chowing down on a TOGOs turkey sandwich, I would be delighted to stuff my face with cold pepperoni straight from the refrigerator! :) THEN I'm going to take a bath. I've never been a bath kind of girl...but I'm going to take one just because I can. :)
Best moment this week: I loved playing hookie and staying home this week! The absolute best moment was when I woke up in a panic at 4:30am Tuesday...afraid my alarm hadn't gone off...then I realized the only thing I needed to do was roll over and go back to sleep! The biggest smile spread across my happy face as I dozed back into slumber. Only one week left of work and I just may have a few more of those sleep-in mornings before baby comes. I know...I know...get them in now...Working on that. Another pretty awesome moment this week was when my boss and a few coworkers surprised me at work with a baby shower! It was so stinkin sweet of them to go out of their way (JQ-OUT OF YOUR WAY!) to surprise me with the most adorable baby boy decorations, cake, chocolate (Jenny knows me!) and cookies! That was a pretty darn special moment! :)
Food cravings: CHOCOLATE, cookies, ice cream....Chocolate. :)
Anything making you queasy or sick: I'm good this week.
Gender: Moose.
Labor Signs: Nope. Nope. A few BH lasted a little longer than usual but not much else happening here.
Symptoms: When Moose and I went for our check-up this Wednesday we saw the nurse practitioner, Lisa O'Brien, again. (She is sooooo nice!) When O'Brien listened to the heart beat on the Doppler she held her hand there for a long time! It was so wonderful to just close my eyes and listen to the little beat that stemmed from mama and papa bear! :) That was special and I'm so grateful she let us linger a while. After our exam O'Brien had some exciting news! We are .5-1cm dilated and 50% effaced! I know .5 is practically nothing but hey-I will take it! .5 may be a teeny tiny number but it's everything to me right now! This means my body is working and yes...believe it or not we are progressing! :) 50% effaced isn't too shabby if I may say so myself! ;) Now, let's just hope for even more improvement by next Wednesday!  

Belly Button in or out? Out!
Wedding rings on or off? On. O'Brien checked my little piggies for swelling too. We are looking good. 
Happy or Moody most of the time: I think this is a toss up this week. I've been pretty tired and the pets have fleas which could put any girl in a sad mood. Jason is a professional dog-bathing-flea-dipper now and he is staying on top of it the best he can. I also had a Migraine Aura this Thursday....sad news. Luckily, this is only the second one I have had since I've been pregnant! My goodness though....scary and very painful! Absolutely not something you want EVER...ESPECIALLY when you're pregnant!
Looking forward to: This is my LAST week of work! :) Yipeeee! I am looking forward to next Friday and being able to say I am officially on Maternity Leave. I am not looking forward to dealing with the insurance and state though! Blah. I am also looking forward to things slowing down with Jason's schedule. He is a busy busy bee and I'm looking forward to it being just us three. :)

No comments: