Saturday, May 4, 2013
Week 39: May 3, 2013
Week 39 was surreal! Jason and I cannot believe that Baby Flesock will be here next week! Well, we sure hope so! :) We are sooooooo ready to meet our sweet little baby. I spent quite a bit of time breaking in the rocking chair in the nursery and day dreaming about our little one. I am getting really excited and nervous about the adventure to come! I can only imagine the love we are about to feel by welcoming this addition to our life. We have been blessed with so many precious moments and we have a feeling the best are yet to come. :)
This Saturday was a bit rough for me. I mentioned in my last post I had a migraine aura Thursday night...I had another one Saturday. I was so bummed not only that another one had come on (they are very painful and scary) but that it happened just in time for the "Dogs, Babies, Play it Safe" class Jason and I were taking at the hospital. I had been looking forward to this class and I just wasn't able to pay attention. I was lucky enough to find a chair outside the classroom with a view of the teacher and the presentation board. I was able to see the teacher and was out of the other classmates site so I wasn't a distraction. I was able to whimper through the misery in peace. My wonderful husband sat in class and took notes, paid attention and learned everything we wanted to know. My heart smiled when I heard him asking questions. My goodness, I love that guy.
Things I will miss: I am going to miss my little kangaroo soon. My sidekick and I have been a duo for 270+ days and I have grown attached to having a tenant. Overall, I have enjoyed this experience and pregnancy very much. This journey has been so life changing and the process in general is such a miracle!
Best moment this week: Moose was on the loose Tuesday night! That little boy was busy! I pointed out all the activity to Jason and he said the cutest thing! Jason said, "Moose is packing up his things!" How adorable is that? I got a good giggle out of that! :)
Food cravings: The cookie craving was out of control this week. Holy cow, I think my child already has a cavity.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Smelled the nasty "c" word a couple of times at work but I won't have to worry about that any longer because Friday was my LAST DAY OF WORK! :) So so so so excited to say that...although it hasn't really sunk in yet. Even as I drove away it felt surreal. :)
Gender: Baby boy. We are going to get dirty. Play in the mud and dirt. :)
Labor Signs: I am so sad when the nurses and doctor ask me if I have had any contractions yet. They ask with such enthusiasm and all I've got are BH. Bummer.
Symptoms: We are still .5cm dilated (which is nada) but we are now 70% effaced. Amiga says it's time to start doing jumping jacks and eating spicy food! :) I've got a giant belly which is starting to feel super duper heavy at night. I am relying on Amiga's wedge pillow at this point. Without the wedge it's impossible for me to lay down. The weight of the belly is so uncomfortable...feels like a landslide! The wedge definitely helps support our big guy. I also had some pretty serious edema Friday. Jason and I went for our walk around the neighborhood and my piggies and fingers swelled like little Jimmy Dean sausages!
Belly Button in or out? She is poking out and taking her job seriously!
Wedding rings on or off? On.I hope they stay! The edema I had Friday was pretty crazy. Hope that stays away so I can leave my rings on.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Dang...I have to say moody again. I am so emotional. The other night I was talking with Jason and I realized that pretty soon my baby won't need me anymore. Jason thought I was crazy when I said that so I explained. Right now our little baby relies on me for EVERYTHING and once he is born, every single day that passes he will need me a little less. This thought broke my heart along with the wall holding back the tears. I sobbed. My little boy is already growing too fast. I know that's how things go and of course I want our little guy to grow to a mature, responsible, independent adult...but for now he has to just be my baby. My sweet little needy, dependent, mama's boy. :)
Looking forward to: This week I am going to sleep in, wear dresses every day, walk our puppies, clean our house, make perfect vacuum lines in the carpet, do all of our laundry, go grocery shopping and make dinner for my husband (odd, I know). And I am looking forward to every minute of it! I am taking the time to make sure everything is in order and ready for our little one's birthday. (Grandma Lin you can sleep well knowing I have taken your advice and I am taking it easy this week) Can you believe there is a HUGE possibility he will be here NEXT week? Brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it. Every time I am overwhelmed with this joy I am reminded I sure don't pray enough. I have so much to be thankful for. Wowzers. Thank you big guy. Life is good. Will there be a week 40 post??? ;) We shall see!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment