Congratulations my little Baby Boy! We have made it to Week 40 and are officially full term! You and I have been together for 280 days and it has been an adventure that has changed our lives. Your Daddy and I are so excited to meet you...any day now! :) Our hospital bags are packed and in the car. We are ready when you are, my little kangaroo.
This was my first week of Maternity Leave and by Wednesday morning I was already thinking I am ready to go back to work. :) Jason's last day of work wasn't until Thursday (he is taking the rest of the school year off) so I had a few days to myself and had to figure out how to pass the time.
On Monday, I enjoyed spending time with my little Yorkies. My furry babies LOVED having Mama home and it was great to talk to them while I did chores and of course cuddle when I was lazy. :) Here's a view from my angle. A big ole belly and two Yorkie saddle bags. I love them to pieces!
I was a little less productive with the chores on Tuesday. I finished the laundry and made dinner though! Jason was home early (a rare occasion...about to become the norm!) and we went to Target together to buy Otter Pops for the hospital (a birthing class recommendation) and flea medication. After running errands, Jason and I went for a walk with the furry babies around the neighborhood. I made cupcakes later that night and packed a special one for the hospital. Of course our little guy can't eat the cupcake but Mama can't NOT celebrate his BIRTHDAY! We even have a "0" candle packed for our birthday boy. Daddy has already volunteered to devour that cupcake...I repeat...no cupcakes will be wasted. ;)
Wednesday was our LAST pre-term checkup with Dr. Santa and it was very much anticipated. I was nervous to hear about our progress and worried he would say there was not change. Not much to my surprise, but still disappointing...no change. We were 1cm dilated, 70% effaced and Baby Flesock's pelvic position is -1. Dr. Santa said Baby is "way, way, way down!" That's great news! But without contractions and dilation Baby isn't going anywhere. So, we have a date with Dr. Santa at the hospital next Wednesday night (late). If we are unable to get Baby Flesock out on our own within the next week, Daddy will be eating Moose's birthday cupcake on May 16th!
With a scheduled induction approaching operation "Get Baby Out" is in full swing! I really really want to experience the full process of labor and would rather go into labor naturally than be induced. One major advantage to going into labor naturally is the hospital will allow intermittent monitoring which Jason and I are really excited about. With an induction, the hospital must monitor continuously. If that ends up being the case, so be it...but nobody will be able to say we didn't try! :)
So, Thursday morning I was off to the mall. Not as exciting as it sounds! I arrived early before the mall opened and started the ultimate window shopping adventure! I was surrounded by lots and lots of elderly folks exercizing as well. In fact, I was passed several times by a professional speed walker! This lady was on a mission! I downloaded a pedometer on my iPhone and tracked my path. When I viewed the image of my rout I got a good chuckle. Looks like I was a lost puppy who paced back and forth!
During my 2.949mi hike through the mall I came across an adorable couple. I couldn't help but capture the image to share with Jason. I sent my special guy this photo and said "You and me forever." His response stole my heart and reminded me why I love him so so much. "That's right Boos. Except I would want a different purse." I married the perfect man and I can't wait for the day he holds my purse as I hold his hand.
The day has come! May 10th is here and it's our little Moose's Due Date! I woke up so excited and in disbelief that the day we have been anticipating has finally come!
I also couldn't be any happier to wake up next to my best friend and share this special day with him! There's nothing better to wake up to than furry babies and the guy to makes your heart smile! (Excuse the mush...pregnancy hormones and feeling very very blessed...also may have cupids arrow stuck in my tushie hehe)
Here we are dressed and ready to start our busy day! Daddy and I are committed to operation "Get Baby Out!"
We set out on our adventure to the neighborhood shopping center. Our round trip adventure came out to 3.6 miles and I felt fantastic! No aches or pains. I thought I would be a little sore after my adventure at the mall the day before.
Our first stop was Jamba Juice! Jason and I enjoyed our big smoothies under an umbrella in the sunshine next to this water fountain we love. Here's my hunky smoothie model! ;)
My momma always said, "Find a penny, pick it up. All day long, have good luck." That's exactly what I did! I stashed my lucky penny in my pocket and made our way to lunch! All this walking worked up an appetite.
In true spirit of operation "Get Baby Out" Jason and I opted for Mexican burritos with HOT sauce. Now, if you know me, you know I'm a "mild" sauce kinda girl. No holding back today. They say spicy gets baby out...spicy it is!
Since I already found a lucky penny the little Dandelion went to the Daddy! I wonder what he wished for! ;)
Of course we didn't need ALL the cupcakes for Moose's birthday! Jason has been enjoying the others throughout the week. Last night one took a little dump and made a delicious remote control! haha! Busted!
All our walking definitely made an impact! We have been experiencing more Braxton Hicks contractions than ever. Although they were frequent and more intense than usual, they weren't active labor contractions. I think we managed to stimulate false labor today. Good practice for the real thing. :) As bedtime approached we realized today wasn't the day! Moose isn't ready yet. Little Baby Flesock is on his way but today is not his birthday. Sweet dreams my little kangaroo.











No comments:
Post a Comment