Monday, January 21, 2013

Week 24: January 18, 2013

6 Months. 24 Weeks. 168 Days. 6,790-something Hours. I'm pregnant! :) I can't help but smile when I think of how far Baby Flesock and I have come! (Jason too of course! He is the ULTIMATE husband and BEST supporting actor in this special feature!) This journey becomes more exciting with every passing day.


Total weight gain: Okie Dokie...Verdict is in! 10 pounds! I was 127 at my weigh-in. If I'm expected to gain approximately a pound a week, those pounds better mind their manners. I don't want any of them making themselves permanent residents! :)
Maternity clothes: I am still mixing maternity jeans with my oldies. I'm having trouble keeping the maternity jeans up when I'm at work. Can't have my britches falling down all day everyday! Can a girl just keep her pants on?! I am actually much more comfortable wearing the maternity jeans while sitting because there is no friction across my belly. When I'm up and running around though that's when the pull-up-my-pants-every-two-seconds-dance starts. I love to boogy down but this dance isn't really my fancy.
Stretch marks?Jason just bought me a new bottle of Mama Mio. Interchanging the cream with the oil and crossing my fingers.
Best moment this week: I'm becoming a mommy! Earlier this week I was day dreaming about my little Baby Flesock and once again the miracle of the whole process boggled my mind! I can't believe there is a little human growing inside my belly! It fascinated me to think I have the ability to provide everything this little sweet pea needs! Everything! All me! The nutrients, the blood, the oxygen....The list goes on and on. I started to think of Baby Flesock's birthday and the moment he takes his first breath. The world he knows is going to change drastically. I felt for my little one as I imagined him removed from his cozy, warm and cramped womb and board! The room will be bright and cold and loud and scary. My poor little baby is going to cry and scream! But then they will hand him to me and he will recognize my voice and I will squeeze him and hug him, wrap him tight and hold him close to my heart...a sound which will comfort him. And although a lot will  change in that moment, I will still be able to provide everything my little sweet pea needs! I started to cry when I came to this realization and I am completely in love with my new role. I am so excited to be a mommy to our little one and I can hardly wait to hold my precious birthday boy!
Food cravings: Hmm...only thing I've really craved this week is sweets. I tried to stay clean because I had the One Hour Glucose Test on Wednesday and I really really wanted to pass. I found out Friday on my Happy 24 weeks that I didn't pass. I will have to take the Three Hour Glucose Test on Monday. Boo.
Anything making you queasy or sick: I am doing much much much better! I am not the biggest fan of meat in general but Jason insists I keep getting my protein from chicken. It's about the only meat I will eat. I have been eating less and less of chicken though. Jason thinks I'm on my way to becoming a vegetarian! If I had to hunt my own meat I sure would be a vegetarian no doubt!
Gender: Little bundle of handsome!
Labor Signs: No signs.
Symptoms: I'm getting a big ole belly! Jason teases me...with a look of horror on his face he asks, "Whoa, how many Cheez-its did you have?" haha Silly guy! My hiccups have decreased tremendously! I only have about 2-3 a day now. I also still have very dry hands. Dr. Santa recommended Eucerin cream and I will give that a try.
Belly Button in or out? Last week I thought it was ready to blow for sure! It's staying strong and holding on to the edge.
Wedding rings on or off? On. I hope they don't have to come off. The day they have to come off I will be a sad and unhappy camper.
Happy or Moody most of the time: I'm going to make the call on this one and say moody. I had a tough work week and had a few pep talks from Jason to help keep me focused and talk me off the ledge. I'm so glad he has been supportive and my coworkers may not know it...but they are glad too! ;)
Looking forward to: Ordering furniture for our little one! I'm ready! I want to wash and fold the teeny tiny onesies and neatly pile them into Baby Flesock's dressers!

No comments: