Glucose! Glucose! Glucose! That's one exclamation for each hour of my make-up test I had on Monday. I was so sad and irritated when a nurse called me last Thursday and told me I didn't pass my One-hour Glucose test. This means I would have to schedule a 3 Hour Glucose Test. I scheduled my hot date for Monday morning and had my first blood draw by 7:45am. My sweet sweet husband crawled out of bed early in the morning (major kudos since it was a day off for Mr. Flesock who could have been sleeping in!) to pack my backpack with a laptop, Kindle and a pillow. See why I love this guy so much?! :) {By the way...in case you didn't notice...this week's artist was baby daddy himself!}
The glucose drink I had last Wednesday for the one-hour glucose test was surprisingly...delicious! I was looking forward to my tasty treat Monday morning until the nurse warned me the drink she was handing me this time had double the sugar! Eek! Sadly, my tasty treat turned out to be more of an upset. My tummy was turning and so was baby! Each blood draw helped add some excitement to my three hour test and it wasn't too bad after all. I laughed when I saw the nurse who originally drew my blood Wednesday because he teased, "Welp, you didn't study for your first test and failed!" Haha! I got a kick out of that! Jason came by during my last hour to bring my lunch and work clothes for the day. Time flew by at that point! :)
Total weight gain: Completely avoided the scale this week. :)
Maternity clothes: Mix and match again this week.
Stretch marks? So far, so good. Fingers crossed.
Best moment this week: Little Baby Flesock was on the move this week! I am so excited when my little guy wiggles around. I wish I could scoop him up and squeeze him! Not yet though...too small. Keep cooking baby!
Food cravings: I've been craving sweets but haven't been eating them! How about them apples?! I would love nothing more than to eat a whole slice of the Motherload Cake from Claim Jumper! Yum!!!
Anything making you queasy or sick: We drove past The Habit recently and I about lost my cookies! Bleh! Aside from that incident everything is okie dokie!
Gender: Boy!
Labor Signs: Nope. Nothing.
Symptoms: Terrible, horrible, awful pain near my rib cage. In fact, the pain is very close to the old rib pain I had troubles with. I'm going to have to ask Dr. Santa about this one because it's absolutely horrible. It hurts so bad sometimes I lift up my shirt expecting to find a giant black bruise! I would love for this to be a temporary discomfort but I won't get my hopes up! I started using Eucerin Healing Cream which Dr. Santa recommended for my dry hands and it's working wonderfully. I am happy to report I don't have anymore cracking or rashes! Yay!
Belly Button in or out? My belly button is surprisingly still staying strong!!! She sure looks ready to blow though hehe :)
Wedding rings on or off? On and on. :) Just the way I like 'em!
Happy or Moody most of the time: Moody. I've been emotional and happy and easily agitated. If you watch Grey's Anatomy on ABC you will understand the giggles Jason and I got out of last week's episode with Meredeth's silly pregnancy emotions!
Looking forward to: I am so stinking excited for my baby shower!! I have some very special ladies working very hard on making this an event to remember and I can hardly wait for the big day! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment