Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Week 26: February 1, 2013

26 weeks and counting! Little Baby Flesock had a special visitor on Friday! My baby bump got a (very ticklish) rub from [Insert: Special term-TBD...] "Grandma" Linda! Grandma brought special chocolates to curb my cravings and we all enjoyed frozen yogurt in the California Sunshine. Now that's what I call a sweet visit! Baby Flesock is already learning Grandmas have the good stuff! ;)

Everyone is wondering...what will we call Little Baby Flesock? I've grown quite fond of "Baby" since that's what our little one has been referred to for the past 6.5 months. Somehow "Baby" didn't make it to our top 5 baby boy names. Notice I said "our" top 5...MY top 5 is a different story from the Daddy's top 5.  Unfortunately, my suggestions haven't been very popular among the family (Sadie and Quincy have spoken!) -they're out. No hard feelings. I suppose "Moose" isn't quite right for a birth name after all. ;) 

After all the pondering and practicing (we totally yelled names across the house haha) we have selected a name for Baby! It's hard to believe in just three short months he will be called something other than "Baby!" :) It's also hard to tell you all you will have to wait just three short months for the name reveal. The Daddy has decided to keep the name a secret until we meet our little one. We have decided Baby will be the first to know his name. Torturous to the rest of you...I know. Sorry! Mad? I can share my chocolate with you. :)



Total weight gain: Good question. I think I'm a tad ahead schedule...gulp. I'm at about +14lbs.
Maternity clothes: Mix'n and Match'n! 
Stretch marks? Rubbin that belly every day! 
Best moment this week: I had a lot of fun talking baby names with Jason. :) 
Food cravings: Hold the phone! All this talk about chocolate....I've completely overlooked two main items. I can't believe it's taken me this long to realize how much I eat peanut butter and drink milk! Whole-lotta peanut butter and milk! Enough to make elephants jealous and tire a farmer! Need a better example? Jason and I have been buying two gallons of milk (minimum) each week and I've eaten a whole large jar of peanut butter since January!
Anything making you queasy or sick: Another fantastic week. The mention of sweet potato fries had my nose in a wrinkle but nothing serious! Whooooo! High five!
Gender: Moose! Don't worry...a baby moose!
Labor Signs: Is a baby bump a sign of labor? Sign of labor to come. That's about all. 
Symptoms: Aside from constantly feeling like I've been beaten and bruised in the rib (same thing I complained about last week) only problemo is my sleeping arrangement. My nights are becoming restless.
Belly Button in or out? She is still holding her composure. 
Wedding rings on or off? Wrapped around my finger.

Happy or Moody most of the time: Another emotional week. Not so much moody but definitely emotional.
Looking forward to: Can we order the baby furniture already?! I'm dying here! I can't wait to see SOMETHING in little Baby Flesock's room! :)

Advice this week: Bassinet. Use one. Got it. :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Pregnancy is treating you well!! You are just beaming!! I absolutely love reading your blog each week! :) <3 Erin

Brandy said...

Thank you, Erin! :) I'm so happy to hear you enjoy reading our little journey. Miss you! Can't wait to see you in April! xoxo -Brandy