Saturday, February 16, 2013

Week 28: February 15, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day Moose! My little Valentine helped me make pancakes to surprise Daddy with breakfast in bed Thursday morning. Although he enjoyed the surprise, poor Jason isn't used to waking up as early as Baby and I do! Yikes! He was a trooper though! :) Then after work, Baby helped me make Daddy mini Churro Cupcakes...YUM! Baby and I only tried ONE...can you believe that?! That's a huge accomplishment for me and my little side-kick! We saved all the sweets for our main squeeze!

This has been a busy week but productive! Jason and I have come super close to finalizing our baby registries. After several hours of reading reviews, pacing the isles and consulting my gal pals, we're almost there! {Big shout out to my little mamas Danielle, Dre and Nichole!} I was also able to clear out the guest bedroom and it's now ready for Baby! Baby goodies and baby furniture and Baby! Watch out, Moose is moving in! 

Baby Fleock and I also had our check-up with Dr. Santa this week and everything was FANTASTIC! Baby received two thumbs up again. So proud of my little growing, dreaming, cuddly tenant! Dr. Santa measured my belly at 27.5-28cm and said, "Fantastic...absolutely wonderful!" Sounds great to me! :) 

Dr. Santa also explained the death pain I've been having in my ribs. Long story short, my ever-so-growing uterus is pushing my liver up under my rib cage. In turn, my liver is pinching a nerve into an artery and a vein. There's my pain...All I have to say is "Ouch!"BUT...if Baby Flesock is healthy, I can handle this. Besides, ONLY THREE MORE MONTHS! That's just 12 weeks. Which is 84 days. ;) Home stretch! 

Total weight gain: I made the weigh-in! Dr. Santa said my weight is "excellent!" That's the first time I've received an "excellent!" Yahooo! +16 pounds
Maternity clothes: Maternity jeans and I are in a love hate relationship right now. I LOVE the way they fit my belly. I HATE the way they fall off my butt. Maternity jeans get so dang baggy on me throughout the day. I've actually been thinking about taking a spare to work each day. The jeans start off fitting well but as the day goes on they lose their shape. So, if I put a fresh pair on half way through my day maybe I will solve my problem....Or just create more laundry for myself! :/ It's a thought!   
Stretch marks? Belly is stretching and I'm rubbing that lotion on!
Best moment this week: I absolutely love my checkups with Dr. Santa! I love to hear my little one's heart beat and ask my questions and hear how great Baby Flesock is doing! I leave our visits with a cheesy grin on my face every time. I'm so proud of our little one and feel the need to brag about his every accomplishment! By the way, Baby Flesock is able to DREAM now! How cool is that?! ;) haha Anywho...checkups are every two weeks now that we're in the third trimester so that's great news for me! :)
Food cravings: Cereal! Any kind...wanted it all week long. Jason and I went through a whole gallon of milk in just three days. I'm not even sure Jason had any milk now that I think of it.... Wowzers. Baby boy must be sending me special requests! :)
Anything making you queasy or sick: This is now my favorite question. I love to say "no." :)
Gender: A little shy boy.
Labor Signs: Nope. Becoming curious about Braxton Hicks. I think I'm crazy for saying this but I would like to experience one to see what they're like. That's all...just one. ;) Jason and I just signed up for our birthing classes. We begin March 1st. I'm looking forward to these classes. I hope I'm not too giggly!  
Symptoms: Rib pain, trouble sleeping on my side and pregnancy brain. The other night I scooped a cup full of dog food from the storage container and instead of carrying the cup to the dog food bowl, I walked right over to the trash can, opened the lid and THANKFULLY looked down! That would have been a pricey blooper! Yikes...what was I thinking?! Hahaha I giggle now just thinking about it! 
Belly Button in or out? Flat....BUT Wednesday night she was ready to blow! Moose was on the move Wednesday night. I think he was rubbing his little tushie across my midsection and I finally pulled up my shirt to watch and yelled for Jason! My belly button was poking out a little bit. We were sure that was it...no turning back! Woke up the next morning though...flat as a pancake. Silly belly button! 
Wedding rings on or off? On.

Happy or Moody most of the time: Emotional again. Mostly happy cries but I did have a baby melt down over submitting an appeal to extend my preliminary teaching credential. That was a tough moment for me...but pregnant or not, I guarantee the meltdown would have happened.  
Looking forward to: Starting birthing classes, baby shower, feeling baby hiccups, putting together the crib, decorating the nursery, shampooing the carpet in the baby room, eating ice cream and exercising more. That's about all for now. Ask again in five minutes. ;)


No comments: