Sunday, February 24, 2013

Week 29: February 22, 2013

11 weeks and counting... 

THIS week has be super exciting! After staring at the giant box which held our un-assembled crib all week and all weekend long...Monday was the day! Jason was on his way home from a weekend trip with some buddies and I got the magic text message which said "Let's put our son's crib together tonight!" This mama danced a VERY HAPPY dance while two tiny doggies looked at me like I'm a crazy lady! 

Only a real man reads directions! ;)

Precision for our little baby!


Two little helpers!


Voila! :)



Isn't she a beauty?! I can't wait to see my little sleeping baby dreaming and drooling in their little crib! :) We have two matching dressers on the way which is also super duper exciting! Should be here within the next two weeks! That means Jason will be back on the floor with instructions, screws, nuts and bolts! Oh...and don't forget the Yorkies! :) They aren't quite sure what's going on but they like to be smack dab in the center of the action! Can't blame them...this is too exciting!



Total weight gain: +16 pounds I've been working out at the gym a few days a week working on cardio. I'm trying desperately to gain the courage to try prenatal Yoga (hate Yoga). I've read that Yoga and pregnancy go together like peanut butter and jelly!
Maternity clothes: My wonderful momma bought me the cutest maternity jeans for Valentine's Day! I was spoiled by my little Valentine this year with two new shirts too! :) Mom's are the best! I love the jeans my mom bought me almost as much as I love her! ;) Seriously! I've been complaining about my current maternity jeans because they get so baggy throughout the day. My woes have been answered! Loved by Heidi Klum=No baggy britches!
Stretch marks? Almost time for a third order of Mama Mio!She's doin' her thing!
Best moment this week: The crib is up and that was the most exciting moment this week! I LOVE to sit in Baby Flesock's room and just daydream. Jason and I read our little one books and we talk about where we will put our goodies. I keep peeking in the crib anticipating the day those precious eyes are looking back at me! :) The baby room makes my heart smile. It's my happy place.
Food cravings: Just a little over a year ago I hated breakfast! Never ate breakfast and was never hungry in the morning. In the months leading up to baby season I started making breakfast a part of my daily routine. It was really tough at first but my goal was to overcome my stubbornness before baby so by time baby came along, I was eating healthy! I worked hard to make sure I had the best womb and board possible and I realized breakfast was an important part of this plan. I am happy to report that breakfast is now one of my favorites! :) When Jason and I go to Sprouts I head straight for the breakfast goods first! I'm a sucker for breakfast pastries, cereal, pop tarts (weakness) and most importantly-English muffins with peanut butter (of course!).
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope. Nope. Nope...can you see me smiling?!
Gender: We're having a mini-Jason!
Labor Signs: No labor signs yet. 
Symptoms: I'm still experiencing pain in my rib. Same little spot. This nerve has been demanding a lot of my attention! I'm also back to bad sleep patterns. I had about a week of comfy slumber so I'm thankful for that! As long as my little guy is getting sleep that's all that matters...the rest is just annoying! People keep saying God is preparing me...Oh boy! I should be ready to go by time Baby Flesock arrives!  
Belly Button in or out? A teeny tiny bit looks like it's ready to pop out but the rest looks pretty flat still. I was sure it was going to pop weeks ago! We still have 11 weeks left though and baby has a lot of growing to do!
Wedding rings on or off? On.

Happy or Moody most of the time: Moody. Jason said I was nice to him but I know I struggled with emotions this week. I had a really tough time over the weekend while Jason was away. Little Sadie (gray Yorkie) got sick and vomited under our bed Sunday night. I wasn't able to reach the vomit and since I'm not able to move the mattress right now, I had a good long cry. Sweet Quincy (black Yorkie) tried his hardest to console me and licked my tears (he's the best!) but I still sobbed like a little girl.
Looking forward to: Our birthing class begins next Friday and I'm really looking forward to learning more about what's to come and touring the hospital. I'm also looking forward to putting together our hospital bag. I had a dream I went into labor (early) and didn't have anything ready to go! Since then, I've been worried about it nonstop. Time to collect some goodies!



No comments: