Baby Flesock is 210 days old! :) We only have 10 weeks until Jason and I get to meet our little one face-to-face and we couldn't be more excited! I've had two dreams about Baby Flesock literally FALLING OUT the past month! I highly doubt my little tenant's birthday will involve falling out...but my dreams are vivid enough to wake me up in a panic! :P
This week brought the serious third trimester fatigue with a vengeance! There were some days at work I found blinking to be a chore! Every time I blinked, I was sure I was about to fall asleep. I had an early bed time every night this week (7:30 on Wednesday!) and that didn't seem to make a difference. It's so ironic because I keep reading it's super duper important to get my rest NOW...but between fatigue and trouble sleeping in general, this momma is pooped!
Although I was accidentally frightened half to death this week by an employee in the hallway that leads to my office AND a coworker who snuck up on me (twice in one week!)...I was able to learn something about my little boy! Like me, he DOES NOT like to be startled! When I arrive to work every morning, the moon is out and half of San Diego is still sleeping. It's very rare that I see another worker around for about an hour or so. When I entered the locked hallway that leads to my office, the light was off, as usual. As I turned down the hallway to turn the light on in the hallway, a man stepped out of the darkness! Sheesh! My heart jumped out of my chest! I could have karate chopped that guy! He's a new employee who works across the hall and it was his first time opening. Apparently he couldn't find the light switch...and thought it was no big deal to just linger in the dark! Creepy! Right away, I felt a very unhappy Moose in my belly! My little guy didn't have the luxury of calming down once I realized we were okay. My little guy was startled and scared. I tried to quickly bring my own heart rate back down but my little tenant was thrashing about in his womb. I turned on soothing music and tucked my phone inside the belly band on my jeans and waited as the music soothed Baby to sleep. It worked! So....please don't sneak up on me. If you startle my baby, this momma bear will karate chop you! :)
Did I mention music? Baby Flesock is a fan and he has been enjoying all kinds of genres this week! Daddy is making sure our little guy is exposed to a wide variety of good tunes.
Total weight gain:
+17 pounds. My workouts at the gym did a number on my hip this week. It's officially time for Yoga and more family walks with my guy and my two Yorkies!
Maternity clothes: I'm out of dress code! I've been wearing maternity tops to work all week and so far things are working out great. I'm really excited the weather is warming up because it's so much easier to make myself comfortable in maternity clothes when I'm not shivering all the time!
Stretch marks? No, thank you!
Best moment this week: I hung onto Jason's arm tight as we approached the Knollwood building. He was carrying two pillows and a blanket and I wore a giant cheesy grin as we entered our very first childbirth class! That moment was so surreal! We giggled with nervousness and excitement and sheer disbelief that we were really about to attend a birthing class! :) These are the moments you imagine in the future...they are the "someday" and the "when we're older..." moments. Well honey, today is someday and we're older! These are the moments! Great moments! :)
Food cravings: My workouts have been sending my metabolism into overdrive! I want to eat everything in sight! If it's cheesy, chocolatey or milky, I want it! :) I've been a very good girl though and I've not had a single piece of chocolate this WHOLE week. I didn't order the cheesy bread sticks I was craving. I did enjoy two small scoops of low-fat peanut butter fudge swirl ice cream over the weekend. Yum! Oh and maybe one cookie! ;) I may have actually enjoyed more than one cookie if I didn't live with a man with uncontrollable urges to devour Girl Scout cookies!
Anything making you queasy or sick: I thought about sweet potatoes the other day and got the heebie-jeebies. I also opened a package that contained freshly printed pamphlets that made me gag but I am not about to complain. I KNOW that was nothin'! :)
Gender: Sweet baby boy.
Labor Signs: Nope.
Symptoms: Ready for my laundry list?! This week I experienced major fatigue, poor sleep habits and the pain in my rib cage was so severe one night I had to sleep sitting upright in the bed. I've had dry skin and very itchy legs! I had a pain in my hip so bad I wasn't able to put any weight on my right leg. My sweet husband had to help me to the bathroom. I was a little embarrassed but he was the best crutch I could imagine. Love him. He is so supportive in every step of this journey. I wouldn't want to do this without him!
Belly Button in or out? Flat (to my surprise!)
Wedding rings on or off? On.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Moody.
Too sleepy to smile all day. ;) I'm pretty good at recognizing I'm in a funk and my coworkers and I have been going for a walk to stretch our legs, get some fresh air and soak up the sunshine. It was finally warm enough for us to eat lunch outside which was a fantastic treat! We had a taste of summer this week and I think we are all looking forward to saying goodbye to winter!
Looking forward to: The weekend? :) It's only one week away...I live for the weekend! Love hanging out with my boys.
No comments:
Post a Comment