Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Week 32: March 15, 2013

Week 32...This is your Public Service Announcement! :) Baby Flesock, Dr. Santa, Jason and I have a very special request for anyone who will be around the baby within the first two months of his birthday. The Tdap vaccination helps prevent infection with pertussis, the bacteria responsible for causing whooping cough. Pertussis has found its way back into the main stream and is hard to detect from the common cold. Infants are highly susceptible to the bacteria and it's extremely dangerous to them. Baby Flesock will not be able to begin receiving vaccination until his second month so it's important we protect him by taking care of ourselves! Pretty please!

Jason and I have been busy, busy, busy! (As you can tell by the delay in my post!) Not only was this week busy with LIFE, but Baby Flesock was busy as well! My little tenant is no longer making little movements with tiny pokes...we're getting full on bulges and abnormal belly shapes! Braxton Hicks contractions are in full swing and Jason says, "Practice makes perfect."

Total weight gain: +18 pounds.
Maternity clothes: Wearing maternity clothes every day now. Unless it's warm outside...in that case I can still wear my shorts and dresses. Love super warm Saturdays! I'd say Sundays too but we haven't had one of those yet. San Diego weather is such a tease!
Stretch marks? I'm rubbing on lotion faster than you can say, "Mama Mio!"
Best moment this week: Jason and I found a little foot! Baby Flesock likes to push his little foot right up near my belly button. We think it's a foot! :)
Food cravings: Nada. Boring, isn't it? I really wish grapes were more affordable right now. They call my name each time we're in the store but I just can't do it. Too pricey.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Lucky week...nothing.
Gender:  Some people are scarred for life by past experiences and don't believe me when I say we're having a boy. Have you seen the ultrasound picture?! Come on people. If that's a little girl we have a problem!
Labor Signs: Braxton Hicks all the time now! No signs of active labor though.
Symptoms: I think because last week went so smoothly I had some making up to do. I had a few complaints this week but luckily nothing lasted long. I woke up once from a nap and my stomach was so tight I couldn't roll on my side to sit up. I was in so much discomfort I had to roll onto all fours and sit up like a cat! (A method we learned in birthing class.) I also had a little pain in my lower back from sitting in uncomfortable chairs Saturday. Add a little rib pain here and there and that sums up my symptoms for the week! Not too bad. 
Belly Button in or out? I can hardly see my belly button because my belly is so round now! haha it's such an odd sensation. My belly button is super duper flat...so I'm told! ;)

Happy or Moody? Pregnancy makes me happy! I was having a rough day but I sat in Baby Flesock's room reading him books for a long time one night and I forgot all about my troubles. I love my little boy and as we near the end of this journey, I find the emotions bitter-sweet. I am so excited to meet our little love bug but I am going to miss my side-kick. A part of me is going to literally feel empty inside! :)
Looking forward to: My baby shower is in ONE WEEK! I am sooooo excited to see all my beautiful family and friends. It's so rare to have so many loved ones in one location. I wish it was more common but I will embrace each moment to make the memories last!

No comments: